What are the essential products to include in your face care routine? In what order should you apply your cosmetics? Our guide to adopting the right gestures, step by step.
A beautiful skin and one perfect complexion are obtained above all thanks to a beauty routine efficient. The facials are essential to show off a radiant, blemish-free complexion, provided you follow a ritual suited to your skin type.
The members of the prestigious jury of the Star Beauty AwardsMadame Figaro tested the new cosmetics releases in 2021 in this category. The actresses and actors elected their beauty products favorites to maintain their skin on a daily basis, those who constantly expose themselves to the spotlight. Among the nominees and winners of this new edition in partnership with Sephoraseveral have distinguished themselves.
Read alsoIn video, Mademoiselle Agnès reveals the winners of the “Beauté Stars” prize 2022
What are the essential products to include in your face care routine?
- The facial cleanser: This is the first essential step in any beauty routine, which must be carried out morning and evening. Facial cleansing removes all impurities, pollution particles, sebum and other residues that have settled on the face during the day or night. A very clean and unobstructed skin will better absorb the active ingredients of the cosmetic treatments applied afterwards.
Named in the “Cleanse” category: Dr.Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Enzyme Cleansing Foam.
- The tonic lotion: It allows both to perfect the cleaning, to prepare the skin to receive care and to boost the effects of the serum.
- the serumface : Highly concentrated in cosmetic active ingredients, it is used before the moisturizer to enhance its benefits.
The best face serums of 2022
Winner in the “Face Care” category: Youth Oil-in-Water Abeille Royale, Guerlain.
Winner in the “Cult Product” category:Clarins Double Serum.
Named in the “Organic product” category:Sanoflore Absolu Merveilleux Integral Anti-Wrinkle Serum.
- The moisturizer: Right after the serum comes the turn of the moisturizer. One does not replace the other: the first boosts the effects of the second. They can be composed of different or similar formulas depending on the needs of the skin. In the evening, you can apply a night cream that is richer or more concentrated in active ingredients. It is during our sleep that the skin regenerates and absorbs active ingredients more effectively.
Read alsoNight cream, serum, lotion… Facial care to adopt before going to bed
- Care eye area: This fragile and sensitive area requires special attention. This is the first part of the face that shows signs of skin aging (such as wrinkles). To preserve it, opt for a cream specifically designed for the eye contour, morning and evening.
Winner in the “Eye Contour” category:Lancôme Advanced Génifique Yeux.
Winner in the “Eye Contour” category:Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix.
Nominated in the “Grooming” category: 15% Vitamin C+ Clean Caffeine Energy Serum from Youth to the People.
- The makeup remover: In the evening, this is the first step in the care ritual that should not be overlooked. the make-up removal removes all traces of make-up on the skin and eyes, while pre-cleaning the face.
Winner in the “Cleanse” category: Caudalie Cleansing Care Oil.
- the scrubface : Once or twice a week depending on your skin type, it is advisable to cleanse your face thoroughly with a gentle exfoliation. This gesture helps the skin to get rid of dead cells, to renew itself and to better absorb care.
- the face mask: Right after exfoliation, the ideal is to apply a mask on the face for several minutes. Moisturizing, purifying, detoxifying, soothing… Everyone can choose the treatment their skin needs to give it a little “boost”.
In what order should you apply your face care?
Dermatologists always recommend applying cosmetic products from the thinnest to the thickest texture, waiting a few minutes between coats to allow their formula to penetrate the skin.
So, the first step in a beauty routine should start with the lotion or essence. Then comes the serum, followed by the moisturizer. Finally, the experts finally recommend applying an SPF cream with a minimum sun protection factor of 20 in the city or 30 in the sunniest rural areas.
Read alsoSkin diagnosis, a real asset for optimizing your beauty routine
Facial care: what routine according to your skin type?
- Oily skin : Immediately after cleansing the skin, a tonic lotion with salicylic acid will absorb excess sebum, reduce pore size and minimize blemishes. Contrary to popular belief, we do not ignore the moisturizer, but we choose a fluid or light texture preferably. The exfoliation and purifying mask can be done twice a week.
- Dry skins : A moisturizing cream with a rich texture is essential to bring comfort to the skin throughout the day. In the evening, you can turn to a lipid-replenishing oil that will help recreate the skin barrier. We opt for an ultra-gentle exfoliation once a week maximum, followed by a moisturizing mask.
- Combination skin: The method of “multi maskingis interesting to meet the needs of combination skin. For example, apply a purifying brand on the chin and nose, a moisturizing mask on the cheekbones and a firming mask on the forehead.
- Sensitive skins : A mist of thermal water after cleansing the face and just before applying the serum will soothe redness or feelings of tightness. We prefer a gentle cleanser and we apply a soothing mask as regularly as the need arises.
- Acne skin : To fight against buttonsformulas based on active ingredients are preferred anti-blemish and acids (AHA, BHA, tea tree essential oil, etc.). In the event of a serious form of acne, it is essential to consult a dermatologist to find a suitable beauty routine.
The products featured in this article have been independently selected by the Editor. The prices mentioned in this article are indicative and subject to change. When you purchase through our sales links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Leave a Comment