We all know there are some things we can do to help our face stay young and fresh. But, have you ever wondered what are the best gestures to achieve this? Here is a list of simple, yet effective facial massages to help you keep your skin toned and lifted.
Discover the types of facial massages and how to practice them at home.
Lymphatic drainage massage:
This type of massage helps to encourage the circulation of lymphatic fluid in the face. The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs that help remove toxins, wastes, and other unwanted materials from the body. Lymphatic fluid is clear and contains white blood cells, which help fight infections. A lymphatic drainage massage can help improve the functioning of the lymphatic system and reduce facial swelling and inflammation. As it can also promote relaxation and reduce stress levels. It involves gently massaging the face in an upward motion, using the fingertips to improve circulation and promote lymphatic drainage.
It is important to understand how to practice it correctly so as not to damage your lymphatic system.
The following steps will help you perform lymphatic drainage massage safely and effectively:
- Start by cleansing your face with a mild cleanser. This will remove any dirt or makeup that may be blocking the pores and preventing the massage from being effective.
- Using your fingertips, start at the base of the neck and work your way up towards the jawline. Be sure to make gentle, circular movements and avoid exerting too much pressure on the skin.
- Then move on to the cheeks and continue making gentle circular motions. You can also include the area around your eyes, being careful not to put pressure on the eyeballs themselves.
- Finally, move to the forehead and repeat the same gentle circular motions.
- Once you’ve finished massaging your face, rinse it off with cool water to remove any excess oil or lotion. Pat your skin dry with a soft towel and apply a light moisturizer if desired.
If you’re looking for a facial massager that can relieve tension and help you relax, consider acupressure. This massage therapy uses finger pressure and movement along the energy lines of your face, neck and head. It is based on traditional Chinese medicine, which believes that these energy lines, or meridians, carry qi (life force or energy). Stimulating these points can help improve the flow of qi and promote relaxation. Acupressure has been used for centuries to treat a variety of health issues. Today, it is commonly used to reduce stress and anxiety, promote sleep, and relieve pain.
If you want to try acupressure at home, there are a few things to consider:
- It is important to find a comfortable place to sit or lie down.
- Use your fingers to apply gentle pressure to pressure points on your face.
- Take a deep breath as you massage each point.
- Use your fingers on the acupressure points of the face like: the underside of the cheekbones, the brow bone, the cupid’s bow and the underside of the eye.
- You may feel small indentations along the jawline, between the eyebrows, and on either side of the nose.
- Apply gentle but firm pressure with your fingertips and hold for two to three minutes. You should feel a heaviness or tingling sensation in the affected area when you release the pressure.
- Remember to evenly massage both sides of your face.
Facial self-massage is a gentle practice that helps smooth the skin and reduce wrinkles. It is important not to press too hard and to moisturize the skin before starting the massage. By taking a few minutes each day to massage your face, you can help reduce tension and promote feelings of calm and well-being.
Here are some steps to follow to treat yourself to a luxurious facial massage at home.
- Start by applying light pressure to your forehead with the tips of your fingers or index fingers.
- Use circular motions to stimulate the entire face, then move down to the temples and back and forth to relieve tension.
- Next, place your hands over your closed eyes and take a few deep breaths. As you exhale, use your middle fingers to press the inner corners of your eyes and sweep toward the temples. This will help decongest the eye area.
- Finally, treat yourself to a little lip treatment: starting with the cupid’s bow, use your index finger to trace an “X” across your lips. Then, using both hands, smooth the outline of your mouth. And voila ! Enjoy your refreshed and relaxed complexion.
Kobido is a Japanese massage technique that dates back to the 14th century. It is often considered the “original” or “traditional” Japanese facial massage. Kobido is a holistic approach to facial rejuvenation that involves using gentle pressure and massage techniques to improve circulation, lymphatic drainage and muscle tone. The goal of kobido is to create a more youthful appearance by toning and lifting the face.
For a basic version of this home treatment. Here’s how:
- Start by cleansing your face with a mild cleanser.
- Then, with your fingertips, start massaging your face in an upward motion. Starting from the neck and going up towards the forehead.
- Be sure to avoid delicate areas, such as around the eyes.
- Then, using your fingertips in a circular motion, massage your cheeks and jawline.
- Finally, finish by massaging your forehead using your two emails in a crossed manner.
When you’re done, your face should be refreshed and toned. You may also notice that your skin is brighter and more radiant. Kobido facials are safe for all skin types and can be done as often as needed to maintain results.
Which accessory for which type of massage?
To make your massages even more effective, use a few accessories that have a major impact on firming your skin and its elasticity.
For these 4 types of massages, you will only need two essential accessories that will support the gestures of your fingers. The first is the jade roller. It is made from a stone known for its healing properties. The roller is usually cool to the touch, which helps soothe and relax facial muscles.
The second is the Gua Sha. It is made from various materials, including bone, jade, and horn. Like jade rollers, Gua Sha is believed to help reduce swelling and inflammation. Thus, it helps to drain the muscles of the face and stimulate the skin in depth.
Which products to use during these types of massages to obtain better results?
For a natural lift, choose serums rich in hyaluronic acid or retinol. These ingredients can help plump the skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. For intensified care, there are creams and serums that contain caffeine or green tea extracts. These ingredients can help stimulate the lymphatic system and promote the elimination of toxins from the body.
Leave a Comment