The hands are constantly put to the test : cold, wind, sun, frequent washing, hydroalcoholic gel, gardening, household chores… In addition, the skin of the hands is very thin, it has a protective film and a natural hydration process that is less efficient than that of the face. For preserve their beauty and softnessthree watchwords: reinforcement, comfort and reassurance!
How to have very beautiful hands? Exfoliation, mask, oils… Our beauty tips for taking care of your hands
- We wash our hands with surgras soaps or washing gels enriched withnourishing oils (olive, avocado, sweet almond oil, etc.) which clean them without weakening them.
- We dry them carefully: no more frictionwe make sure to dab them delicately.
- After each wash, we hydrate them immediately with a formula rich in coconut, macadamia, argan and shea butter oils, for example, to strengthen the skin’s protective barrier. We take advantage of it for massagewithout forgetting the joints, favorite playgrounds of cracks. We also insist on the nails to activate the blood micro-circulation, guarantee of their good growth.
- Once a week, exfoliate with a fine grain formula, the right thing to do eradicate dead cells and optimize cell regeneration. The key: pretty soft hands!
- We put on sun protection with an SPF 50, especially on sunny days, in order toprevent premature aging of the skinthe appearance of pigment spots and wrinkles.
- In winter, we wear warm gloves to protect the hands from the cold and maintain the vascularization to the tips of the nails, otherwise beware of their breakage. Avoid woolen gloves, a material that can be irritating.
- We put on latex gloves to perform the housework.
Softening cream recipe to make at home for dry and chapped hands
This treatment is complete: it deeply hydrates the very dry and irritated hands in search of comfort, also removes stains.
L’avocado oil is known to be nourishing, regenerating and softening. the Shea Butter has many virtues: hydration, repair, healing, healing, protection. Glycerin limits dehydration. The carrot essential oil is lightening, we swap it withHE of celery, more effective against stains. Aloe vera juice waters the skin and regenerates it. We replace sterilized water without benefit for the skin with lavender hydrosol, soothing. Baking soda is purifying but irritating, we remove it.
Instructions for use: this care contains HE, its application in the evening is a must. We use it in cure, 3 weeks, posed under gloves. It is recommended to take a break of one week before reapplying it. We keep it for a year.
- 10ml avocado oil
- 12 drops of isocide
- 6g shea butter
- 4 drops of vitamin E
- 4 g cutina
- 10ml aloe vera juice
- 5ml glycerin
- 15ml sterilized water
- 4 drops of essential oil
- 0.2 g of bicarbonate (HE) of carrot soda
- In a bowl, place avocado oil, shea butter, cutina and vitamin E.
- In another bowl, mix the glycerin, aloe vera juice, sterilized water and baking soda. Both bowls are heated in a bain-marie simultaneously. When the cutina has melted, the bowls are removed from the bain-marie. The aqueous phase is poured into the oily phase, mixed with a whisk.
- Leave to cool for 2 minutes, add the isocide and the carrot essential oil. Mix and pour the moisturizer into a jar.
Recipe taken from the book The Practical Home Cosmetics Guide, Morgane Van de Statd, €9.80, ed. MyCosmetik.
Moisturizing and protective hand balm recipe
This balm fix your hands brilliantly brightens nails and softens cuticleshe is well pre-manicure treatment.
L’coconut oil is very nourishing. Sweet almond oil is softening and soothing, we replace it with calendula macerate which has the same virtues and a strong healing power. Beeswax gives consistency to the treatment and creates a protective film on the skin. Glycerin is a water-soluble moisturizer that dissolves in an aqueous formula, replacing it with nourishing mango butter. Lemon EO is brightening, an asset to whiten the nails. Add two drops of vitamin E.
How to use: the oily texture and the lightening lemon HE content make this balm a cocooning treatment use only in the evening. We keep it for a year. In case of manicure, it is necessary to degrease the nails before the varnish step.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of beeswax
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of glycerin
- 6 drops of lemon EO
How to make this recipe?
- In a bowl, melt the coconut oil, sweet almond oil and beeswax in a bain-marie. Pour in the glycerin and mix gently.
- Remove from the heat, after waiting 2 minutes, add the lemon EO and mix again. Transfer the preparation to a jar.
Recipe taken from the book The living Earth guide to natural beauty, €29.90, ed. living earth.
Homemade care recipe for very damaged nails and hands
This homemade hand care ensures a SOS treatment for damaged hands and fragile nailsideal for finding soft hands and beautiful nails after housework, DIY, gardening.
Castor oilstrengthens the nails, small flat on its viscous texture. Sweet almond oil is nourishing, soothing, restorative, we exchange it withmacadamia oil also virtuous and whose dry touch rebalances the texture of castor oil. Ylang-ylang EO brings strength, shine on the nails and exudes a voluptuous fragrance. Shea butter excels at nourish, repair, soothe and heal the skin. Aloe vera gel is moisturizing but its water content can cause bacteria to grow, remove it and add two drops of vitamin E.
This treatment has a very rich balm textureit must be massaged well, ideally applied in mask under gloves. We keep it for a year.
- 1 tablespoon castor oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 10 drops of ylang-ylang EO
- 1 teaspoon of shea butter
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- In a bowl, place the shea butter and crush it with a spoon to soften it.
- We pour the castor oil, the sweet almond oil and the ylang-ylang HE, we mix delicately.
- Add the aloe vera gel and mix everything to homogenize the preparation. We pour the care in a pot.
Recipe taken from the book Le Superguide Homemade beauty products, Astrid Eulalie, €12.95, ed. First.
Leave a Comment